Terms & Conditions
1. REGISTRATION PROCESS: New Bidders must provide an email address, current and valid credit card number with the billing address associated with that credit card and create a password. You will receive a registration confirmation via email. When you place your first bid on one of our online auctions, your credit card will be pre-authorized by charging an amount up to $2.00. Your credit card will show a temporary transaction that verifies that it is valid. If your credit card fails this pre-authorization, you will be unable to bid until you meet this requirement. Once you are successfully registered, your password, assigned bidder number and credit card will be used on future Trumbull Auction Company online auctions.
2. BUYERS PREMIUM: A 10% buyer’s premium will be added to each purchase. An example would be a $10.00 purchase would be invoiced at $11.00 ($10.00 + $1.00 buyer’s fee). This fee covers the credit card processing fee and other administration fees. Taxes will only be charged on consignment auctions and will be stated in the terms of specific auctions.
3. INVOICES: Your credit card on file will be automatically charged for the entire amount of your purchases with an invoice at the conclusion of our online auction. Trumbull Auction Company conducts “reserve” auctions and has the right to pre-authorize bidder’s credit cards, deactivate accounts or cancel bids for any reason.
4. SALES TAX: Most of our online auctions are on-site and sales tax will not be collected. In the event of a “consignment” auction, sales tax will be collected.
5. PICKUP TIMES: You are required to pickup your items during the posted days and times. You are responsible to adhere to these times or make arrangements through our contact information. We are not open to the public and therefor an appointment must be authorized to pick up your items outside the posted times. Failure to properly remove your purchases will result in your items to be considered as “abandoned” and no refunds will be given. It is very important to notify us if you are unable to pick up your items on the posted date and times to avoid losing your purchases.
6. PICKUP RULES: ID is required to pick up your items. A hard copy or electronic copy of your receipt is also required. If you send someone else to remove your items, they must have a signed written approval from you and also have a copy of your receipt. Buyer authorizes The Trumbull Auction Company to release buyer’s items to a third party with written approval and a copy of the receipt for those items. Employees of The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY are not permitted to assist in removing your items. Please do not bring children into the building to pick up your items. All boxes, trays and containers are the property of our Auction Company so bring your own boxes and packing materials. For safety and security, buyers acknowledge that video recording devices may be used to record activity on our property.
7. SHIPPING SERVICE: TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY requires pre-authorization to ship an item. Most large items will not be shipped. All shipping cost including insurance, plus a handling fee to be determined, will be collected from the buyer before the item is shipped.
8. BID RETRACTION: We will not retract bids made in error Please review your bids before placing them.
9. PROXY BIDS: You may enter a maximum bid and the software will bid up to that amount incrementally. Your maximum bid is hidden so others do not know your high bid. You can also bid in real time. Keep in mind that several items may end bidding at the same time known as “staggered” closing. Our online software has a “soft” or “dynamic” closing feature which extends the closing time as long as bids are placed near the item’s closing time. Please bid responsibly, we cannot correct bidding errors.
10. OUTBID NOTIFICATIONS: Our online software will send notifications including “outbid” notices and “bid” confirmations. Do not rely on these notices as your notice may be sent to your email spam folder. This also pertains to your invoice. Contact us if you do not receive an automated invoice by the next day after the auction closes.
11. AUCTION ITEMS: Auction items will include photos and descriptions. Photos my show more than what is described. Do not assume that all items in a photo are included. Rely on the description and not the photos. Contact us if you are in doubt as to what is included in a lot. The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY will not rescind your purchase because you did not understand what was included in a lot. Again, read the item or lot description.
12. WARRANTY: All items are sold “As Is, Where Is, with NO Warranty expressed or implied. Condition is subjective and not not guaranteed. Use the photos to determine actual condition and contact us if you have questions on the condition of an item. The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY is not responsible for injury caused by a purchased item.
13. NON PAYING BIDDER: If a bidder fails to complete the purchase, the backup bidder may be offered the item. Non paying bidders are still responsible for payment of their items and subject to being banned from future bidding.
14. BIDDING: All TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY “on-line auctions” are “Reserve” auctions. We reserve the right to change bidding increments, add or remove items from the auction, cancel individual items or entire auctions. Additional photos and descriptions could be added at any time. Auction times and pickup times may be changed or modified. Reserve bids and minimum bids may be changed. Trumbull Auction Company permits bidding for anyone who qualifies through the registration process including employees of the TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY. We are not responsible for internet outages, website disruptions or technical problems.
15. CLAIMS: All claims arising out of or relating to this contract, or breach of contract, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. In the event of arbitration, judgments upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction in Trumbull County, Ohio.
16. LIABILITY: Any liability against The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY will be limited to a refund of the actual purchase price.
17. PRIVACY: Trumbull Auction Company will not sell or share your personal or financial information. Registered bidders agree to receive notifications via email from The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY. You may opt out of unwanted emails.
18. TERMS & CONDITIONS LIMITATIONS: These are general terms & conditions. Individual auctions may have different terms & conditions and will be posted on that specific auction. By registering in our online auctions, you agree to all Terms & Conditions. The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY is not responsible for unauthorized or fraudulent use of a bidders account. Protect and monitor your account often. Buyers agree that they have reviewed and agree to all terms and conditions for online auctions by The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY, 5311 Bradley Brownlee Rd., Fowler, Ohio 44418 (info@TrumbullAuctionCompany.com). By participating in our online auctions and submitting bids, you are entering into a binding contract to purchase items in which you are the high bidder. These terms and conditions constitute an enforceable and binding electronic agreement upon their electronic acceptance by the bidder.
19. DISCLAIMER: You agree that use of this Website is at your sole risk. Neither this Auction Company or its owners and employees will be held responsible for accuracy, errors or any warranty of results from the use of this website. The Terms & Conditions may change as we continue to refine and improve our online auctions. The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY is not responsible for any service interruptions that may effect the final bid of any item.
All items are sold “AS-IS” with No Warranties implied or expressed.
20. PANDEMIC PROTOCOLS: The Governor’s Covid-19 or other health policies will be adhered to at all times by persons attending and entering our building. If you are feeling symptoms of a virus, please do no enter our building and designate an alternate to pick up your items.
Registered bidder agrees to all the terms and conditions as a condition of registering and bidding on our website: TrumbullAuctionCompany.com.
AS A CONDITION OF REGISTERING AND BIDDING, I AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR EACH SPECIFIC ONLINE AUCTION CONDUCTED BY The TRUMBULL AUCTION COMPANY.